Sunday 3 April 2016

Descriptive wrighting ~ The Trail Ride

W.A.L.T: Write a descriptive piece of writing about a true thing that has hapend to you!
  • Arnie walking powerfully
  • Mussels tence when he sees the bridge
  • he bravely followed the other hores on to the bridge
  • It started swaying…
  • He calmly turned around and walked of the bridge and jumped off the end
  • We crossed the river and met the horses that crossed the bridge on the opposite side.
I could hear the leaves crunching beneath his hooves. I could feel his powerful muscles powering forward beneath me. I look around at my surroundings. The Attractive trees and plants around us are glistening in the sun with dew drops. We turn the next corner and there was a long metal bridge. I could feel Arnie’s muscles tense at the sight of what would be to him a giant scary thing that could harm him.
“We aren't going over THAT are we.” I say with a shaky hint in my voice.
“Give it a go, you won’t know if never try!” Jane announced enthusiastically. I quietly squeeze my legs on his side as I ask him to walk on. He looked unsure but he trusted me to get him across safely. He followed the other horses, Whisper and Honey to about half way and it started to sway! IT WAS A SWING BRIDGE!!
Honey had her legs spread out to the side trying to balance herself in the intense swaying movement. Arnine, not knowing what to do, spun around and tried to canter of on the quaking bridge that was extremely similar to an earthquake. I could hear Jane's blaring shouts to try and tell me to jump off, but there was no way I was going to bail, either side of me was a 15 meter drop onto large rocks and boulders with a raging stream, let alone falling on top of Sue and Mana, who had decided not to try crossing the bridge. When he had reached the edge of the bridge, there was a large concrete slab dug into the ground. Arnie wasn’t sure if it was solid or flat, so he decided to jump it and canter a couple of strides before we turn down the stoney track to cross the river. He let out a piercing winnie because he thought that he had been left behind but when he saw that the other horses were waiting on the other side of the river he quickly crossed the river and we continued along the track, the Adrenalin pumping through my veins! That is the last time I ride a horse across a swing bridge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.