Wednesday 17 September 2014

Main Stars ~ Thing To Start At Grey Main

WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO START AT GREY MAIN SCHOOL
FILTERED WATER
I do not like drinking water that is not filtered as it tastes yuck so I would like to see filtered water available to all students.  We already had a time this year when the water was not able to be drunk and well filtered water would have been the perfect solution.
I have spoken to Colin at West Coast Water and he told me that he had installed water filters on the drinking fountains at another Greymouth primary school.  I would love to see this at Grey Main and asked Colin to get me some prices so that I can take this idea to the Board of Trustees and Friends of Grey Main School asking for their support.  When I get the prices I will be taking these to the Board and Friends of Grey Main to see if they will be able to fund this idea.

I believe that having filtered water at school would benefit all students and encourage them to drink more water which is a very healthy option.  

1 comment:

  1. This is a fabulous idea. Look forward to you getting the pricing and seeing if you can get support for this from BOT & FOGM's. From Mum

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.