Tuesday 16 September 2014

Main stars ~ interview someone over the age of 70

I decided to interview my Grandfather because he quite likes watching sport. ( He Loves League But Not Rugby so if you are a rugby lover then you should probably not read this )


Interview with:      Grandfather



Topic:                    The Difference in Sport



I chose to interview my Grandfather to find out the differences & changes in sport from when he was younger to now.

What sports did you play?
I played Rugby League, Rounders (Softball) and Bullrush

What sports did you watch and like?
My favourite sport was, and still is, Rugby League.  I wouldn't let my dog watch Rugby!

How did you get sports results?
As we did not have TV we listened to the games on the radio.  I remember Dad getting me up at 2am to listen to a test in the United Kingdom.  We also got results and write-ups in the Grey River Argus (local Grey Valley paper) and Grey Star.

Has technology changed sports?
Yes, definitely.  People only watch the top games and smaller clubs get missed out.

Are people more competitive now?
No.  People were more competitive as it was all about winning.  These days it is more about participation, especially with children. 

Has sport become more about money rather than fun?
Yes.  Nobody got paid for playing sport and they weren’t greedy like some sports people today.

Overall comment:
Many more people played sport as they only worked Monday – Friday so weekends were free.  Not many people worked shift work and therefore they could get to practices and games.
I believe that people who play sport have a better outlook on life.  They learn how to win and lose and if you get knocked down you learn how to get up again.  I don’t like that some sports do not have winners because life is about winning and losing and children need to learn this.

3 comments:

  1. What great work you are doing on your blog from Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great interview! Sounds just like Grandfather.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.